Who should apply
- Innovators whose ideas address a major unmet clinical need or provide an opportunity to significantly improve an existing treatment method
- Medical device and medical technology startups (not biotech) that are:
- Unfunded or modestly funded companies that need support achieving technical and/or business milestones to attract an initial round of financing; or
- Moderately funded companies ($500,000 to $4 million cash on hand) that will greatly benefit from the mentoring support and exposure to the innovation ecosystem they'll receive at the Institute to accelerate the development of their technologies
- Startup companies with fewer than five members on their team
- Innovators who are able to work full-time at the Fogarty Institute's facility in Mountain View, California
- Innovators who will significantly benefit from the unique educational resources (e.g. mentoring and clinical access) provided by the Institute
How to apply
Applicants meeting the basic eligibility criteria are invited to submit an application that will be reviewed by the Fogarty Institute. Applicants must use and fully complete the application form available via download below.
When to apply
The application process for startups is closed.
"Applicants are selected....for their potential to have a significant impact on global healthcare."
– Frederick St. Goar, MD, Board Member, FII
Subscribe to Our Newsletter